Member Avatar for megachip04

Hello,

I am currently allowing users to upload videos via php $_FILES[][] and then converting them using ffmpeg.

I am wondering if there is a more efficient way to do this than using php. I have read that ajax might be useful (that's what vimeo uses). Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, I have googled it. I'm having trouble finding anything that combines ajax with php/ffmpeg to convert.

thanks in advance,
megachip

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I like plupload for uploading files. When it is done it calls a php file, where you can store your files and convert them.

AJAX isn't a specific coding language, now i don't know how familiar you are with AJAX, it is, bluntly put, a php script that can get executed with java commands like onsubmit, onchange etc.
every time a javascript call occurs, a php script can be executed without having to reload the page.

I'm no expert in video uploading, quite the contrary, but if you just look up the basics of AJAX, i'm sure you'll get a long way

Hello,

I am currently allowing users to upload videos via php $_FILES[][] and then converting them using ffmpeg.

I am wondering if there is a more efficient way to do this than using php. I have read that ajax might be useful (that's what vimeo uses). Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, I have googled it. I'm having trouble finding anything that combines ajax with php/ffmpeg to convert.

thanks in advance,
megachip

Have you looked at PHP Motion

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.