Hello,

I am currently allowing users to upload videos via php $_FILES[][] and then converting them using ffmpeg.

I am wondering if there is a more efficient way to do this than using php. I have read that ajax might be useful (that's what vimeo uses). Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, I have googled it. I'm having trouble finding anything that combines ajax with php/ffmpeg to convert.

thanks in advance,
megachip

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Delfacto

AJAX isn't a specific coding language, now i don't know how familiar you are with AJAX, it is, bluntly put, a php script that can get executed with java commands like onsubmit, onchange etc.
every time a javascript call occurs, a php script can be executed without having to reload the page.

I'm no expert in video uploading, quite the contrary, but if you just look up the basics of AJAX, i'm sure you'll get a long way

Hello,

I am currently allowing users to upload videos via php $_FILES[][] and then converting them using ffmpeg.

I am wondering if there is a more efficient way to do this than using php. I have read that ajax might be useful (that's what vimeo uses). Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, I have googled it. I'm having trouble finding anything that combines ajax with php/ffmpeg to convert.

thanks in advance,
megachip

Have you looked at PHP Motion

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.