news_manager.php

//LOAD KATEGORI
			$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM kategori_berita ORDER BY kategori ASC") or die(mysql_error());
		?>
		Pilih Kategori Terlebih dahulu 	<select name="kategori" onchange="submit();">
										<?php
										if (empty($_REQUEST['kategori'])) echo '<option value="" selected="selected">--Kategori--</option>';
										while ($data=mysql_fetch_array($result)){
											?><option <?php if ($_REQUEST['kategori'] == $data['id']) echo 'selected="selected"' ?> value="<?php echo $data['id']; ?>"><?php echo $data['kategori']; ?></option>
										<?php

}
										?>							
									</select><br/>

The above code suppose to show me list of kategory in the drop down box.

Yet this is what's appears:

Pilih Kategori Terlebih dahulu --Kategori--

When I scroll down --Kategori-- it does not show me anything else, while I already will in the column field through phpmyadmin.

Any clue?

Recommended Answers

Check out the spelling of kategori and id'.It should be match with table field name.

Jump to Post

All 3 Replies

Check out the spelling of kategori and id'.It should be match with table field name.

The table name: kategori_berita and the fields name: id (underlined) and kategori.

Check the HTML output of your page, are your database values in there ? Then you have a typo somewhere in your file (unclosed tag perhaps).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.21 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.