Hi all,

I am currently working on jasper reporting. Designing reports using iReport Designer. Everything is working fine, but what I want to know is what is the way to use JavaScript in Reports (designing in iReport).

For example, if i want to add the below code (clicking the button shows date info) to report, how can that be done.

I have seen people helping (in iReport) others here, but not able find a solution for this.

Thanks in advance for the quick reply :).

<html>
<head>
<script type="text/javascript">
function displayDate()
{
document.getElementById("demo").innerHTML=Date();
}
</script>
</head>
<body>

<p id="demo">Show</p>

<button type="button" onclick="displayDate()">Display Date</button>

</body>
</html>

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I thought someone will help me out :confused:.

Atleast someone tell, "No, it is not possible" or the right section to post this thread to get a solution.

Hi pritaeas,

First of all, thanks very much for the reply :).

I have already checked that documentation, the code they show as javascript are just the code created for parameters we create in iReport.

I want to add my own javascript.

Thanks.

This thread gives you the answer. It's old, so I suggest you ask again on the forum.

Thanks again pritaeas. That is the Jaspersoft's forum and I have already raised many questions and doubts (by creating threads) there. No answer what so ever. So came here as many are active helping others :).

I am sure there is a way we can use javascript. How that can be achieved is the question which I am not able to get for some couple of weeks. If I can find that, I can go ahead and use ExtJS in Jasper Reports ;).

It's been too long ago for me using Jasper, to make any further sensible comments. I'll ask around, see if I can find someone who knows.

Thanks pritaeas, wishing for a quick answer :).

Anyone? :icon_rolleyes:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.