I recently switched to a new server... But I am facing problem. On opening every .php page I am getting following error. Html pages are working fine but .php files not. I uploaded a simple php page that have a single echo statement... still I am getting below error..

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@pghostels.co.in and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Perhaps an .htaccess file that is now incorrect ? If not, check your logfiles.

Perhaps an .htaccess file that is now incorrect ? If not, check your logfiles.

here is the code written in .htacces file

# -FrontPage-

IndexIgnore .htaccess */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */_vti*

<Limit GET POST>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from all
</Limit>
<Limit PUT DELETE>
order deny,allow
deny from all
</Limit>
AuthName pghostels.co.in
AuthUserFile /home/pghostel/public_html/_vti_pvt/service.pwd
AuthGroupFile /home/pghostel/public_html/_vti_pvt/service.grp

Also I wrote following statements into .htacces but my problem is not solved yet

Options +FollowSymLinks
Options +Indexes
RewriteEngine on

and access-logs directory is empty.

Have you tried (temporarily) removing the .htaccess ?

Getting same error..

If even

<?php echo phpinfo(); ?>

without a htaccess file gives that error, I suggest you contact your host's support.

If even

<?php echo phpinfo(); ?>

without a htaccess file gives that error, I suggest you contact your host's support.

The problem is that I can't run any php file..

mod_php included in httpd.conf?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.