Hello guys, im using javascripts in my index page. For navigation hovering, slideshow and the other one is for displaying inline content in a form of a lightbox. But the problem is they cant seem to work together. i have to remove the inline content JavaScript for the slideshow and navigation hovering JavaScript to work. All of them are in the header. I want to merge all these together so that they all work. Please assist where possible. Thanks in advance

Navigation hover javascript:

<script type="text/javascript">
function MM_swapImgRestore() { //v3.0
  var i,x,a=document.MM_sr; for(i=0;a&&i<a.length&&(x=a[i])&&x.oSrc;i++) x.src=x.oSrc;
}
function MM_preloadImages() { //v3.0
  var d=document; if(d.images){ if(!d.MM_p) d.MM_p=new Array();
    var i,j=d.MM_p.length,a=MM_preloadImages.arguments; for(i=0; i<a.length; i++)
    if (a[i].indexOf("#")!=0){ d.MM_p[j]=new Image; d.MM_p[j++].src=a[i];}}
}

function MM_findObj(n, d) { //v4.01
  var p,i,x;  if(!d) d=document; if((p=n.indexOf("?"))>0&&parent.frames.length) {
    d=parent.frames[n.substring(p+1)].document; n=n.substring(0,p);}
  if(!(x=d[n])&&d.all) x=d.all[n]; for (i=0;!x&&i<d.forms.length;i++) x=d.forms[i][n];
  for(i=0;!x&&d.layers&&i<d.layers.length;i++) x=MM_findObj(n,d.layers[i].document);
  if(!x && d.getElementById) x=d.getElementById(n); return x;
}

function MM_swapImage() { //v3.0
  var i,j=0,x,a=MM_swapImage.arguments; document.MM_sr=new Array; for(i=0;i<(a.length-2);i+=3)
   if ((x=MM_findObj(a[i]))!=null){document.MM_sr[j++]=x; if(!x.oSrc) x.oSrc=x.src; x.src=a[i+2];}
}
	</script>

Slideshow Javascript:

$(document).ready(function() {
        $('#slider').s3Slider({
            timeOut: 3000
        });
    });
</script>

Inline content Javascript:

$(document).ready(function() {
	$().piroBox_ext({
	piro_speed : 700,
		bg_alpha : 0.5,
		piro_scroll : true // pirobox always positioned at the center of the page
	});
});
</script>

Edited by opjjuly: n/a

Contributors
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by MartinRinehart

Probably badly written JavaScript running into naming conflicts. With one effect at a time, do a global change (MUST match case, whole words only) of one var name at a time from something simple, like 'a' to something unique, like 'my_876_a'. Do a quick check after each change.

Warning: Murphy's law has not been repealed. We have a do-nothing congress. Make a backup before you do each change. You will have no problem. Skip this to "save time" and you will get to know Mr. Murphy. This will not save time.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.