Hi, I have a rather simple problem, and I hope the solution is just as simple, but I just can't seem to find anything about this specific situation on the internet.

I created this web application which allows for custom door creation. What I would like to do is to integrate a feature that allows for the whole door to be saved as as image (jpg, png, whatever) because currently it's just a bunch of overlapping divs (more than 300 to be exact) that give the door that look.

If you notice there is also a print option that could really use a generated image, because currently it passes the properties of each of the divs from one page to the next... that's about 3000 variables...... whereas if I could generate an image it would be just that image and much better performance/flexibility.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for stbuchok

The only way I can think of to do this is to use Flash or Silverlight for your app instead of JavaScript and HTML.

I've read that there is a PHP solution, but I have no idea where to begin in understanding it... re-writing the whole program to Flash is not an option at the moment.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.