Hi All!

I'm doing a web application (jsp) where I have several texts displayed and highlights the text rolling mouse over it.

I would like to pass an entire text as an applet parameter, so that the the text can be seen in a text pane/editor.

At the moment I have an <iframe> that shows the text from the source. I would like to pass this text as a parameter to the applet and see it in the webpage. I've seen examples where they pass a String and it works fine. However, I would like to pass the whole text.

Thank you for your help.

Recommended Answers

Have you tried it already and it didn't work?
In case it shouldn't work, writing the text to a temporary file and loading from that file isn't an option? Why do you absolutely want to give a full text as a parameter?

Jump to Post

All 4 Replies

Have you tried it already and it didn't work?
In case it shouldn't work, writing the text to a temporary file and loading from that file isn't an option? Why do you absolutely want to give a full text as a parameter?

thanks, maybe I could do it in a different way, passing the file name as argument, and read it from file

Let us know should you need any further assistance :)

Actually, I would like to know if an applet in a jsp makes the system become very heavy. The web application i'm building will be connected to a database (Mysql and jdbc) and would have an applet that would highlight several columns of text depending on certain similarities when compared to a main text.

I was told the applet is not a very good idea to put in a jsp, and that I should use another language such as javascript..?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.