Hi all,

I have several sections in a text, and I would like to highlight each section as mouse rolls over.. I've tried to span the fragments of text but it doesn't work in my jsp...any suggestions??

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Please post your script and an example of your html where you want the text to change

Ditto purplepixie,
& does it have to be 'onmouseover' css hover may be easier to implement

Hi! thank you. The span is working now with this:
<body>
<p align="center"><font face="Arial" size="2" onmouseover="this.style.color='#ff9933'" onmouseout="this.style.color=''" color="#000080"><strong>On

mouse over change the color</strong></font></p>

</body></html>

but this is not really what I want..

I'me reading a html text into an iframe. And I can search for words which are highlighted in the iframe text.

The goal would be splitting my source text in sections or fragments,amd pre-select the text fragments of interest and as soon as I roll the mouse over it the program knows where to highlight or hover the pre-selected fragments of text.

and besides that, I have other iframes with text related to the text in the iframe where I roll the mouse over, and I want the other frame sections, pre-selected, related to the section I have the mouse over to highlight as well. Maybe something like pre-tag the text so that the program knows where to highlight...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.