here is a website that i had created in wordpress.now I want to make changes to the site but want to make changes offline,(at my local computer).So that the visitors can enjoy my existing site.I tried the following

Downloaded the website through filezilla.
Made backup of data in .sql file
made database in PC through WAMP.
Copied the wordpress site to www folder of WAMP

Unfortunately the site is not working and it is giving me some errors in php files.(The line number doesnt even exist.) I want to ask that is there any alternative rather than this hectic approach of downloading .I believe there must be some software that could serve the purpose.Any way to run the site on PC or any other server?

( ! ) Parse error:    syntax error, unexpected $end in C:\wamp\www\doggyhealth\www\wp-content\plugins\WP-Amaz-One\ama_unzip.php on line 653

Call Stack
#   Time    Memory     Function                                                                                       Location
1   0.0064  366584     {main}( )                                                                                      ..\index.php:0
2   0.0125  370336     require( 'C:\wamp\www\doggyhealth\www\wp-blog-header.php' )                                    ..\index.php:17
3   0.0242  386864     require_once( 'C:\wamp\www\doggyhealth\www\wp-load.php' )                                      ..\wp-blog-header.php:12
4   0.0517  400760     require_once( 'C:\wamp\www\doggyhealth\www\wp-config.php' )                                    ..\wp-load.php:29
5   0.0734  500880     require_once( 'C:\wamp\www\doggyhealth\www\wp-settings.php' )                                  ..\wp-config.php:90
6   2.5996  18992480   include_once( 'C:\wamp\www\doggyhealth\www\wp-content\plugi

I would imagine you'd need to install Wordpress locally on your Apache server?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.