Hi,
I need some help, I am trying to insert multiple check boxes values(this values comes from 1st database) and I am giving the check boxes in the output(result fetch from 1st database).
I want to insert all selected values into to the 2nd database from 1st database using PHP.

for E.g mysql backend:-1st
database name:- sss1
Table name: abc
fields name: A, B,C and D

2nd
database name:- sss2
fields name: A, B,C and D

so i want to insert the selected data to 2nd databse using checkboxes(values fetch from 1st database) in php.

thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You need to store the post selection of checkboxes in an array. So you would call your checkboxes all the same name and create an array from those selected.

name="nameofcheckboxes[value_id]"

Hi,
I am trying to insert multiple check boxes values(this values comes from 1st database) and I am giving the check boxes in the output(result fetch from 1st database). I want to insert all selected values into to the 2nd database from 1st database using PHP.

for E.g mysql backend:-1st database name:- sss1 Table name: abc fields name: A, B,C and D

2nd database name:- sss2 Table name: abc fields name: A, B,C and D

so i want to insert the selected data to 2nd databse using checkboxes(values fetch from 1st database) in php.
please check the code is given below:-

I dont understand how i make the insert query in check.php

Checkbox.php

<?php
$db=mysql_connect("localhost","root","");
mysql_select_db("sss1",$db);
$qry="select * from  abc  ,pqr  
where abc.company_id ='$c_id' and pqr.c_id=abc.company_id";
$result=mysql_query($qry);
?>
<form action=”check.php”   method=”post”>
<table>
<tr><th>A</th>
<th>B</th>
<th>C</th>
<th>D</th>
<th>E</th>

</tr>

<?php
while($row=mysql_fetch_array($result))
{
echo "<tr><td><input type=checkbox name=name[] value='".$row1['s_id']."'>".$row['A']."</td><td>".$row['B']."</td><td>".$row['C']."</td></tr>";
 }
?>
<input type="submit" value="save" id="submit>

Check.php

<?php
$db=mysql_connect("localhost","root","");
mysql_select_db("sss2",$db);
foreach($_POST[‘name'] as $x)
{
$qry="INSERT INTO xyz()values()”;
mysql_query($qry);
}
?>

Database name:sss1

A B C D
1 2 3 4

Database name: sss2
Table name: xyz

A B C D
1 2 3 4

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.