Hi,
This is a very known problem with lot of solutions in many forums but none of them works for me.
A simple code to load a jpeg image as follows:

<html>
<?php
$im = @imagecreatefromjpeg("/home/public_html/MyPic.jpg");
header ("Content-Type: image/jpeg");
imagejpeg($im, NULL, 75);
imagedestroy($im);
?>
<head>
<title>
My First PHP Page
</title>
</head>
<body>
<FORM><INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE="Back"> </FORM>
</body>
</html>

The error message is as follows:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/public_html/test.php:2) in /home/public_html/test.php on line 4

I have tried with the possible options below:
1. adding ob_start() and ob_flush() at the beginning and end
2. Saving in a notepad with ANSI encoding
3. Removing white-spaces/new-lines before/after php-tags/start-end-of-files/header()
None of them works.

But if I remove the <html> tag (Line:1) at the end of PHP code i.e. after ?> and before <head> then the error goes off and the image is rendered on the screen but all the following html code for title and button in <form> is not having any effect.
I am wondering why the <html> is not recognized and how to design user interaction with clickable buttons at the client-end to perform some image editing operations at the server-end.

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Member Avatar for diafol

Place <html> after the header().

BUT if this is output as an image, why are you putting html into it?

Thanks for the reply!
Placing <html> after the header() works and I have already tested but the html portion of the code is not taking into effect such as the <title> is not working nor anything.
Are <html> tags not processed in *.php files ?

I want some user interaction at the client-end, i.e. suppose user clicks a button and some image operations are required to be performed at the server-end.
For recording user interaction like a clickable button, I do require html otherwise, how to achieve this in an easy fashion.
I have read somewhere that JavaScript and Ajax is required to record and pass the user-interaction commands from the client-end to PHP at the server-end.
But, how can this be achieved easily ?

Member Avatar for diafol

This file is for creating an image. SO why are you creating a html page out of it as well? Doesn't make sense to me. Either it's an image or it's a html snippet - it can't be both.

Can someone help me?

How to design a php page with an image and a user-clickable button which will trigger a different php function in a simple fashion!
The code in my first post runs through some error as described.

Thanks!

Can someone help me?

How to design a php page with an image and a user-clickable button which will trigger a different php function in a simple fashion!

Thanks!

Honestly it sounds like you need to do more research on the language before you continue on. I would reccomend this book:
http://www.amazon.com/MySQL-Dynamic-Sites-Fourth-ebook/dp/B005GXM63U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1328306153&sr=8-2

I have read both this book and his advanced PHP book and they are fantastic.

Member Avatar for diafol

Can someone help me?

Thanks!

This is a different question?
As mentioned, I think you need to do more research.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.