What I mean is letting people see the page before linking so they know what's going to be on that page. Picture a small window taking a look at a page before you open it.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

There are so many potential answers to that particular question, it's impossible to say without some sort of context.

Airshow

If you want to interact with the page, use an iframe

If you want just a preview of it, use an ajax load
and if you want a scaled preview that you can't click on, use images - ajax load will actually load the DOM elements of the body of the site you give it

If you want to interact with the page, use an iframe

If you want just a preview of it, use an ajax load
and if you want a scaled preview that you can't click on, use images - ajax load will actually load the DOM elements of the body of the site you give it

Sorry if my question didn't make sense but this user got my idea of my project. I want to create something like a preview page so people can see what's on the page before clicking in JavaScript. If that's possible? I will take a look at Ajax language though

Unless you create a snapshot image of every page of interest to be displayed on hovering a link to it, there would be no benefit in doing so, because every other mean would require an actual download of the target source before you get it displayed on whatever you may have decided to display it onto.

But I'm pretty sure you may be able find scripts that generate thumbnail images already available on our wast www.

Javascript alone won't provide an effective solution. A server-side resource is required, accessed via AJAX (which is a technique not a language).

Many third-party resources exist or you can install one of several well developed scripts (in eg PHP) on a server under your own control. Google eg. "url thumbnail preview" for online resources.

I would suggest that this only makes a viable project if you have an internet-connected server at your disposal, and you are prepared to write/install a server-side script in addition to client-side (javascript) coding.

Airshow

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.