Greetings everyone, im new here so i hope anyone could help me with this:

I have bought a script that are encoded is something that i cant change or read, and i have ask the owner how to put a {user} at the end of every hyperlink
so are going to a other site, but he said you need a external script to do that. So was wondering if anyone could help me.

Im using a database where all the user are etc

But If i go to google.com and login as Bobmartin

I will be at google.com/home

Then i click on a hyperlink inside google.com/home that will bring me to a other side

Lets say the hyperlink (other site) is www.daniweb.com/profile/

So when i begining to redirect to www.daniweb.com/profile/ the script will add {user} from the database

So at the end i will be redirect to www.daniweb.com/profile/Bobmartin

The hyperlink is generated in a unique code so i cant just add {user} it must be a external script i use to this.

So to say it fast

I want to add /{user} for every hyperlink that is redirect to another site without add {user} direct to the hyperlink for example www.google.com/{user}, the hyperlink must me www.google.com

Well i hope you guys understand this, im not the best person to explain things so :)

Also my english suck so dont judge me ;)

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

From what I understood you since you don’t have access to the script, you could do it in client side, for example with jQuery (just google “jquery modify links” ).

where you are listing hyperlinks, you can try this

www.daniweb.com/<?php echo $user_name;?>

this will take you to user profile page for each user

i can help you with that, but let me ask you 1st can you edit it's html?

Member Avatar for diafol

So do I understand you when you say that you wish to modify the output of a third party site to which you have no access/no permission to modify?

Wow, thanks for people replying back, wasent expect so many would reply back xD

To baig772

I said aldready that i cant just add {user} to the hyperlink (sorry my bad for explain it so bad ;) ) like this : www.daniweb.com/<?php echo $user_name;?>

To jkon

Thanks!, i have search for it but have some problem to understand jquery modify links, could maybe help me?

To ardav

Yeah i have no permission to edit the script, html or anything.
I have aldready talk with owner and he said, we cant help u with this, but you can try to make a external script this will may work.

To vaultdweller123

Thanks if you could! and i cant edit the html look at the picture below and you will see.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I will try to show it better with a picture

THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE, dont say just add /myname and so your done... or try this script, this will work better. I need to use this script i use now.

PICTURE

The frame is the script, i can edit the url on the frame from a control panel. but cant add www.google.com/{user} it must be a vaild URL

Thanks,

And sorry for my really bad english, hope u understand

Member Avatar for diafol

Sorry, that seems beyond my comprehension. Good luck.

there's nothing we can do if we can't edit it's hmtl or php script? you don't expect me to magically fix that right?

At least you are polite Trizocy the question is what you are trying to do. As I understood in the first topic you have no control to the script but you have control where the script is generated so you could altered links client side. You said “some problem to understand jquery modify links,” did you Google it? And what exactly you don’t understand? … My friend you don’t have to be programmer to use logic . Believe me or not logic is everywhere in our life hidden or not …

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.