Hi All,

I'm currently working on a church attendance monitoring project, and this community had helped me a lot during my college days in building php base projects, now I'm here again to ask for help. The scenario is I want to track every individual who are present every sunday celebration, I already created the database with a unique ID for each member, what I want to happen now is that when a user enter His idnumber on the reception pc, he will be automatically recognize as present on that time, I want to track every sunday of the year. Any idea pls?I do hope to finish this soon for the growing community of our church. Godbless everyone and thank you in advanced.

hsaligan0511 commented: Hi... did you manage to finish this project?... This is the kind of attendance monitoring that we nedd... but unfortunately we don't money to buy +0

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Hi, im a fellow christian. I have been wanting to make something like this for a while now, maybe want to develop it together?

~Marais

Hi,

Do you have an idea about this?I already created the database and all the necessary information, the thing that crack my head now is I don't know how to track sundays of the calendar

hmm, well so what exactly do you mean? Do you mean, you want the dates of all the Sundays of the year in an array or something?

I want to finish the first stage, when the user enter His ID, it will be added to His attendance, any idea how to structure it?

Member Avatar for diafol

Tracking attendance at church?! Everybody has to enter a PIN before entering? You can't have many people attending, otherwise the queue will be substantial. What about new members?

I want to finish the first stage, when the user enter His ID, it will be added to His attendance, any idea how to structure it?

Does the capitalized 'His' have any significance? Are you expecting the 'Big Guy' to log into your site too?

commented: LOL +8

There will be a separate form for new members, what I'm doing now is for the active members

Member Avatar for diafol

How about a QR system and they get scanned like cattle as they parade through? Once you collect their QRs upload them and then they get processed with a cronjob or something.

Member Avatar for diafol

Sorry if my last post sounded disrespectful or flippant, but I think asking people to input a PIN will be folly. You've seen the problems that ATMs with only 1 person ahead of you can cause. Also, some of the 'older' gen in particular may get a little fuddled.

"...Wait, I think I remember it now. Oh dear, that's not it. I was sure that was it. Hey Georgia, what's Mike's birthday again? I think it was something like that. He's an airplane pilot you know - comes home once a month to see his old folks... Sorry what was that... oh yes, let me see... ... ... No that's wrong too. Hey sonny, I think there's something wrong with this TV - it won't let me in."

You get the idea. What about a low tech system? Do you take a collection every Sunday? Are they anonymous envelopes? If they are envelopes of the 'onymous' kind, why not have a PIN put on each one and send every parishoner a supply with their own PIN on them. That way, at the end of the service, you just punch in about 100 numbers (or however many you have). OK, perhaps you only get to keep tabs on the givers - and maybe just one member of a family.

You could have a variation on this theme though. Like I tried to convey, a system is only as strong/robust as its weakest part, and this registration system looks kinky to say the least. However, I am often proved wrong. ;)

personally if it was me i would just have a ajax based search box, the person starts typing their name and it will return their information and auto submit on click event!

Hi DualzNz,

That's also the idea that is running in my head right now, what I want is I just type the id and press enter and then, there are two forms the absent form and the present form, when the user pressed the enter after typing the pin, his record will be gone on the absent form and it will be transferred on the present form, any piece of code on how to start this please?

i think the best and most simplest system would be barcode reader into a php textfield.
create a simple card printed on a4, laminate it bind it to each id then just scan the barcode and its done.

this is by far the easiest way to do this, and it does not require a pin or any painful way of updating records.

as i have developed a Invoicing website based application thats fully done in php, ajax using barcode scanners.

"...Wait, I think I remember it now. Oh dear, that's not it. I was sure that was it. Hey Georgia, what's Mike's birthday again? I think it was something like that. He's an airplane pilot you know - comes home once a month to see his old folks... Sorry what was that... oh yes, let me see... ... ... No that's wrong too. Hey sonny, I think there's something wrong with this TV - it won't let me in."

POSSIBLY the funniest, most brilliant response I've seen on Daniweb. Hahahahaha! Bravo brother!

i think the best and most simplest system would be barcode reader into a php textfield.
create a simple card printed on a4, laminate it bind it to each id then just scan the barcode and its done.

this is by far the easiest way to do this, and it does not require a pin or any painful way of updating records.

as i have developed a Invoicing website based application thats fully done in php, ajax using barcode scanners.

Oh Great! Can you please share the code for that application that you developed for barcode scanners? It would really help me with my ongoing project :)

Member Avatar for diafol

Barcodes are the work of the devil. Did you know that all of them resolve to 666?

HI... did you manage to finish this project?... this si the kind of attendance monitoring we need for ou Churhch.... but unfortunately we can't able to buy a software or a php template for this... we don;t have enough funds.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.