Heading Here

Please help me. When I get the value of price and stock whatever number value I input will turn into 0.00 while the stock turns empty.Btw I can get the other fields the code and the title values my only problem are the stock and pice.

In the sql of php myadmin i declared the title and code as varchar while price is decimal and stock is integer.
What do I need to do with the price and stock please help meeeeeee....thank you=)

$getcode= $_GET['code'];
    $gettitle=$GET_['title'];
    $getprice=$GET_['price'];   
    $getstock=$GET_['stock'];

echo"

<table>
<tr><td><input type=text name=code[]>Code</tr></td>
<tr><td><input type=text name=title[]>Title</tr></td>
<tr><td><input type=number name=price[]>Price</tr></td>
<tr><td><input type=number name=stock[]>Stock</tr></td>

<tr><td><input type=submit value=ADD name=adds ></tr></td>
</table>

";
}

if (isset ($_GET['adds'])){

mysql_connect("localhost", "root", "")or die("Unable to Connect". mysql_error());
     mysql_select_db("dbonlinebookstore");

mysql_query("INSERT INTO books VALUES('$getcode[0]','$gettitle[0]','$getprice','$getstock')");

$booksres=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM books");
      echo  "Book has been added"   ; 

while($row = mysql_fetch_array($booksres))

{

echo"<table><tr>";
echo "<td>" . $row['Code'] . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['Title'] . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['Price'] . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['Stock'] . "</td>";
echo "</tr>";

echo"</table>";

}
}

Contributors
Replies
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by tutorials4web

just checking but these should all be $_GET?

$getcode= $_GET['code'];
$gettitle=$GET_['title'];
$getprice=$GET_['price'];   
$getstock=$GET_['stock'];

When you use <input type=text name=code[]> on an input it makes the variable an array, if you are just passing 1 value don't bother just do this:

<tr><td><input type=text name=code>Code</tr></td>
<tr><td><input type=text name=title>Title</tr></td>
<tr><td><input type=number name=price>Price</tr></td>
<tr><td><input type=number name=stock>Stock</tr></td>

The reason its not working is in your mysql query:

mysql_query("INSERT INTO books VALUES('$getcode[0]','$gettitle[0]','$getprice','$getstock')");

You have declared them all as arrays, so $getcode[0] and $gettitle[0] will work, and $getprice and $getstock will fail cause they are all arrays with 1 entry.

Either fix the input or update $getprice and $getstock to $getprice[0] and $getstock[0]

Hi,

Replace the line in your code with:

$getcode = $_GET['code'][0];
$gettitle = $_GET['title'][0];
$getprice = $_GET['price'][0];
$getstock = $_GET['stock'][0];

i did the repalacement and i recieve this warning

Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in C:\xampp\htdocs\xampp\onlinebookstore\admin.php on line 51

Hi dear,

Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in C:\xampp\htdocs\xampp\onlinebookstore\admin.php on line 51

these type of error appear when you miss any parameter or null value.

if you provide me you mysql_fetch_array() query with data base table with data . then i can help you.

Edited by Ezzaral: I've reversed this refraction because I don't think it deserves a ban, but you MUST stop putting "fake signature" links in your post. You can edit your user signature in the Edit Profile section.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.