Heyy, guys...i have developed a php/mysql program...now i would like to run it from a handheld...should convert or do anything...1st time doing this...thank u in advance

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

What do you mean, you use the handheld's browser ? Or do you want to make an actual app ? For the first, you'll just have to make sure your layout fits on small screens. Depending on what you build, a CSS change might just be enough.

Hopefuly you are using CSS for layout. If yes, you can use different media types and rules: @media screen for normal screen, @media handheld for smaller screens on handeld devices. See:

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/media.html

sorry....yes the handheld browser....i have completed my php files...owh, using CSS...i see...thank you....

okay...can someone help me interpreting this css....i tried converting it to handheld size..but its not working...

this is my current CSS file

body {
	background-attachment: fixed;
	background-image: url(background.png);
	background-repeat: no-repeat;
	color: #EEEEEE;
	font-family: Andalus;
	vlink:red; 
	alink:red;
}
h1 {
	font-family: Andalus;
	text-decoration: underline;
}

What does not work (what would you like to achieve but you havent't yet)?

Your current CSS interpretation:
- the background for the body is a picture background.png
- the picture is fixed (i.e does not scrol when you scroll the contents)
- the picture does not repeat (tile) if background is larger than the picture (provide some compatible background color)
- text is Andalus (specify also more general font,too, such as serif), almost white (#EEEEEE)
- links (visited and unisited) are red
- heading 1 text are underlined (no need to specify font-family again, it is inherited from body)

Mind you, I do not regard myself as an CSS expert. You might get better advice form the Webdesign/HTML and CSS forum here:

http://www.daniweb.com/web-development/web-design/html-and-css/143

thanks for the reply, i did something like this..but my html background goes missing..

<LINK href="web.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="handheld"/>

i'll post this question in html/css page....thank you

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.