What do you mean, you use the handheld's browser ? Or do you want to make an actual app ? For the first, you'll just have to make sure your layout fits on small screens. Depending on what you build, a CSS change might just be enough.
What does not work (what would you like to achieve but you havent't yet)?
Your current CSS interpretation:
- the background for the body is a picture background.png
- the picture is fixed (i.e does not scrol when you scroll the contents)
- the picture does not repeat (tile) if background is larger than the picture (provide some compatible background color)
- text is Andalus (specify also more general font,too, such as serif), almost white (#EEEEEE)
- links (visited and unisited) are red
- heading 1 text are underlined (no need to specify font-family again, it is inherited from body)
Mind you, I do not regard myself as an CSS expert. You might get better advice form the Webdesign/HTML and CSS forum here: