Member Avatar for chudapati09

I doubt this is the right place to post this question, but I didn't know where else I can put this. It does kinda involve PHP, but I've asked this question on Stack Overflow and didn't get much help. If this is the wrong place to put this, please do let me know.

I'm creating a LDAP directory search using PHP and we're using Novell as our LDAP server. I'm able to successfully search and return results; this is the current filter I'm running, (&(FERPA=N)(|(uid=*searchphrase*)(sn=*searchphrase*)(fullName=*searchphrase*)(telephoneNumber=*searchphrase*))).

I want to be able to sort by last name, or the LDAP variable sn. I could sort it via PHP, but I want that to be the last resort. Is there a way to sort the results based on a column. For example, in SQL you can sort based on a column like this, SELECT * FROM TABLE WHERE COL='criteria' ORDER BY COL; Is there something similar that can be done with LDAP Queries?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.