I had my wordpress site up and running just fine but when I visited it recently I got the following error:

Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress.

I contacted the person who set up my database and was told

I spent hours trying to reinstall all the PHP, mySql etc. but it still doesn't work. I have no idea why. Nothing has been touched or changed in the server.
Here is the issue:
~ Mysql is running OK.
~ Php is running OK.
~ PHP does not recognize mySql (see phpInfo here: http://www.shluchim.org/php.php).

The extension is added in php.ini and other extensions are working fine. I really have no idea as what to do, let me know if you know an expert in PHP+MySql in IIS installation.

Any suggestions? I'm a web deigner and this is all Greek to me :-(.

Thanks!

Edited by fcvolunteer: fixed quote

Contributors
Replies
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by fcvolunteer

seems to me that you should check your php.ini to ensure it includes the line extension=php_mysql.dll uncommented, this is what tells php to load the mysql extension.
(if it is not there, you should be able to simply add it)

Solution was: install PHP 5.3 in FastCGI mode instead of 5.2.8 that was in ISAPI mode

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.