am inserting data into base it is not inserting data which i want to insert the following data into p1_n_dis field of table

Usman Raza, who completed his MS majoring in Computer Science at LUMS with an National Management Foundation (NMF) Gold medal, has been awarded a prestigious Mark Weiser Award for the best paper at IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom) 2012. The annual award is named after Dr. Mark D. Weiser, the father of Ubiquitous computing, and is recognised as one of the highest honours in this domain. The PerCom is consistently ranked as an A+ conference according to several ranking lists of computer science conferences. This year, it attracted 150 submissions, out of which 16 papers were accepted for presentation as full papers. Raza’s paper scooped up the Best Paper Award, at PerCom, which is considered one of the most selective conferences in computer science with an acceptance rate of only 11%.

The award has been conferred for his collaborative work with colleagues from University of Trento and Bruno Kessler Foundation, Italy, where he is currently pursuing his PhD. Their paper discusses the system lifetime of a technology that monitors and adjusts the light levels in operational road tunnels. The objective of such system is to reduce the likelihood of road accidents and overall electricity consumption inside the road tunnels.

Also, an extended version of his research is invited for publication in the special issue of Elsevier’s Pervasive and Mobile Computing Journal.

Previously, Dr. Umar Saif faculty member and alumnus LUMS, also had received the same awards for his research paper co-authored with colleagues from MIT in 2008. This award is yet another feather in Raza's cap after getting NMF Gold Medal for his MS (Computer Science) degree at LUMS.

my sql table structure is this

-- Table structure for table p1_n

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS p1_n ( p1_n_id int(250) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, p1_n_pic longtext NOT NULL, p1_n_topic longtext NOT NULL, p1_n_dis longblob NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (p1_n_id) ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=7 ;

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

s been awarded a prestigious Mark Weiser Award for the best paper at IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom) 2012. The annual award is named after Dr. Mark D. Weiser, the father of Ubiquitous computing, and is recognised as one of the highest honours in this domain. The PerCom is consistently ranked as an A+ conference according to several ranking lists of computer science conferences. This year, it attracted 150 submissions, out of which 16 papers were accepted for presentation as full papers. Raza’s paper scooped up the Best Paper Award, at PerCom, which is considered one of the most selective conferences in computer science with an acceptance rate of only 11%.

The award has been conferred for his collaborative work with colleagues from U

Don't expect that someone will write code for you and you take the prize.....:P

Member Avatar for diafol

What's all that stuff about Usman? Is it relevant to the post?

i think that's the data he wants to insert into the database...

your id field is too long,,and why longblob?

Member Avatar for diafol

i think that's the data he wants to insert into the database...

Yes on second reading, it seems to be. I agree with id field - you will never have that many articles! Remember that this is integer length. Other fields seem to have strange datatypes as mentioned.

sir kindly guide me which field type i use to inserting data in database and usman raza is my data which i am trying to inserting

sir when i insert text it inserting easily .when i copy text from another website then paste in my form textarea then it will not inserting, please tell me whats the problem why when we trying to insert my paragraph which i give in my post why database is not accept my text

cause you have a strange data type in your p1_n_dis field,,try to change it,,,

sir kindly try it your self if you inserted this text which i give in post ,then plz send table structure i am waiting your answere thanks

CREATE TABLE sample (
p1_n_id INT( 50 ) NOT NULL ,
p1_n_pic LONGBLOB NOT NULL ,
p1_n_topic LONGTEXT NOT NULL ,
p1_n_dis LONGTEXT NOT NULL ,
PRIMARY KEY ( p1_n_id )
) ENGINE = MYISAM ;

sir your given code is not working when i copy my posting text and paste to insert text it is not inserting

sir plz help me i am in very serious problem

Dude,

You need to learn how to relax, and take it easy... panicking will not make you a better coder. Just seat back, relax, look over the window, if you have a cup of starbucks coffee within your reach, take a sip or two, take a few deep breath, exhale , and then slowly.. look back at your monitor.

Once you have done that, look at your database query if it matches your database table columns..better yet, post your insert codes here.

Member Avatar for diafol

<aside>veedeoo - do you have shares in Starbucks by any chance? :)</aside>

How's this for an idea? Why not post your code to see if we can see an obvious problem?

How do you insert data? Using mysql_query function or any mysql interface like phpmyadmin?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.