Hi,

I am a beginner trying to learn PHP.
I have created two Files -one HTML page and another is a PHP file.

HTML page-Form page
PHP file- Does the Evaluation.

HTML code:

<form action="Samplepgm.php" method="post">

Your Name : <input type="text" name="name"><br><br>
E-mail : &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; <input type="text" name="email"><br><br>
Comments: <br> &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;<textarea name="comments"> </textarea><br><br>
<input type="submit" value="submit"><br>
</form>

PHP code:

function checkOK($field)
{
if(eregi("\r",$field) ||eregi("\n",$field))
{
die("invalid input!");
}
}

$name=$-POST;
checkOK($name);
$email=$_POST;
checkOK($email);
$comments=$_POST;
checkOK($comments);
$to="ootyviji@yahoo.co.in";
$message="$name just filled in your comments form.They said:\n$comments\n\nTheir email address was : $email"; if(mail($to,"comments fro your site",$message,"From: $email\n")) echo "Thanks for your comments"; else echo " There was a problem sending mail. Please check that you filled in the form correctly";
}

I am running this code on Apache web server.
I found this code in one of the tutorials , i just tried and copied, but its not working..Shd i need to configure or add any code in php.ini or httpd.conf to execute ???

I have stored the php file in htdocs folder that follows the path in Program files Folder.

when i typed localhost/callmail.html ... The outcome what i see in my browser is all my PHP code.

could anyone suggest me where i went wrong???

And one more thing i would like ask is .... Instead of storing php file in Htdocs folder, Can i set the path so that i can save all the php file in a seperate folder. How would i do it???

Thanks,
viji

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

man i dont know ur answer coz i didnt start programming in php
i have a problem in installing apache server, can u help me and tell me from where u install it? i installed wamp 1.6.1, mysql database is working but apache server isnt working

thanks in advance

sam

Hi Sam,

Refer to this site http://www.thesitewizard.com/archive/apache.shtml to install Apache Server.

They have clearly given the step by step instruction to install Apache Server. Just follow the instruction and ur work will be done. It should not be any problem in installing. I think it will be handy.

Good Luck.

Cheers,
Viji

And one more thing i would like ask is .... Instead of storing php file in Htdocs folder, Can i set the path so that i can save all the php file in a seperate folder. How would i do it???

You can change the DocumentRoot location in httpd to whatever suits for your localhost files (instead of htdocs).

And then use a directory for PHP work, this can be changed by editing the doc_root in php.ini.

Sorry didn't get looking at the code as I have to go, someone maybe willing to help soon though.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.