hi this is my connection string

SqlConnection conn = new SqlConnection("Data Source=RAVI-PC\\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=personals;User ID=sa;password=sa;Integrated Security=True");
        SqlDataAdapter da = new SqlDataAdapter(" select * from table_2", conn);
        DataSet ds = new DataSet();
        da.Fill(ds, "table_1");
        conn.Open();

Actually my doubt is how to insert(data entered in texbox) and delete and update view record from asp.net sql database . I searched on google but i cannt understand its very difficult so post simplest coding .i attached my web application . thaks asp.net_

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

use asp.net Grid view control which has all the predefined functionalities(Which you require) like selecting the record, adding the record, updating the record and removing the record with out writing any code behind

In the toolbox section look for sqldatasource. Drag it to your form and create the select statement in it. once the sql datasource is created bind it to a gridview control. if you click the sql datasource and select properties you could set up insert query update command and delete all in it. Then you could use the textboxes in your insert statement using the textbox as a control parameter for ex (@textbox) and so on.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.