dwlamb 12 Newbie Poster

I am wondering if I am trying to do too much or if there is a better way for a client-side form I wish to create.

A limited working prototype for what I have so far appears here: http://cookbook.dwlamb.com/edit.html

I am using a table as the frame for the form so that rows can be dynamically added or deleted (after clicking a checkbox at the left of a row's beinning)

I am looking for a method/plug-in that will allow me to sort the form by the Order column. As users enter data, they might forget to add something in sequence. I want the user to be able to append at the end and edit the sort order, click on a link to sort the rows by order before sending the form to be processed by php.

Can this be done? If a solution can satisfy all these needs and not use a table, I am open to that also.

Googling for a solution, I found many javascripts for sorting tables, but not tables serving as a structure for form input elements.

Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.