my text is to show on webpage is-

Comment ça marche
Tu es bloqué par une question, ou par un exercice de mathématique, ou par un chapitre de chimie que tu n’arrives pas à comprendre ?

But my website is not showing some french charachter of this type of text which is-ç,é,à etc.in place of these charachter my website shows a symbol.
  What can i do to show these charachter.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Mais mon site ne s'affiche pas certains charachter françaises de ce type de texte qui est-ç, é, à etc.in place de ces charachter mon site affiche un symbole.
   Que puis-je faire pour montrer ces charachter.

Copy this is it showing in your site or not

It is showing like this-
Mais mon site ne s'affiche pas certains charachter fran�aises de ce type de texte qui est-�, �, � etc.in place de ces charachter mon site affiche un symbole. Que puis-je faire pour montrer ces charachter.

in all browsers?

yes, in chrome ,ie and firefox(i have these three.) it is displaying the same.

you need to use the charset entitites like: é is é

you have a complete liste of entities here: http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_symbols.asp

you can use entitites names or number doesnt matter and it will show the accents in all browsers

Have you set the character set for your page?
<meta charset="UTF-8" />

Are you pulling the content from a database? Is that configured for UTF-8 character encoding too?

these charachter is not in list?

ok,i found on other website.now i am trying...

Very very thank you for help.It is done.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.