my text is to show on webpage is-

Comment ça marche
Tu es bloqué par une question, ou par un exercice de mathématique, ou par un chapitre de chimie que tu n’arrives pas à comprendre ?

But my website is not showing some french charachter of this type of text which is-ç,é,à etc.in place of these charachter my website shows a symbol.
  What can i do to show these charachter.

Recommended Answers

Mais mon site ne s'affiche pas certains charachter françaises de ce type de texte qui est-ç, é, à etc.in place de ces charachter mon site affiche un symbole.
   Que puis-je faire pour montrer ces charachter.

Copy this is it showing in your site or not

Jump to Post

in all browsers?

Jump to Post

you need to use the charset entitites like: é is é

you have a complete liste of entities here: http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_symbols.asp

you can use entitites names or number doesnt matter and it will show the accents in all browsers

Jump to Post

All 10 Replies

Mais mon site ne s'affiche pas certains charachter françaises de ce type de texte qui est-ç, é, à etc.in place de ces charachter mon site affiche un symbole.
   Que puis-je faire pour montrer ces charachter.

Copy this is it showing in your site or not

It is showing like this-
Mais mon site ne s'affiche pas certains charachter fran�aises de ce type de texte qui est-�, �, � etc.in place de ces charachter mon site affiche un symbole. Que puis-je faire pour montrer ces charachter.

in all browsers?

yes, in chrome ,ie and firefox(i have these three.) it is displaying the same.

you need to use the charset entitites like: é is é

you have a complete liste of entities here: http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_symbols.asp

you can use entitites names or number doesnt matter and it will show the accents in all browsers

Have you set the character set for your page?
<meta charset="UTF-8" />

Are you pulling the content from a database? Is that configured for UTF-8 character encoding too?

these charachter is not in list?

ok,i found on other website.now i am trying...

Very very thank you for help.It is done.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.20 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.