Hi,

i made an HTML contact form with the following fields name, email and message and i want to send it to my gmail address with SMTP authentication.

Please can anyone guide me with a step by step process? i am new to PHP.

i found the script for SMTP authentication but i am unable to configure it.

regards

Aqeel

Contributors
Replies
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by LastMitch

Did you search this forum? There should be plenty discussion threads about GMail/PHPMailer and authentication.

i have searched the forum yes there are plenty of it but still confusing for me. need a guidance.

@bafaqih

i found the script for SMTP authentication but i am unable to configure it.

Can you at least show the link where you found this code?

How do you relate the form fields with the script? it would be kind of you if you show me an alternative other than PEAR

@bafaqih

How do you relate the form fields with the script? it would be kind of you if you show me an alternative other than PEAR

I saw the code and just download the PEAR package! I have it on my computer. I used it sometimes. It's very useful! You can just google to find another alternative with PHP mail SMTP or you can used the one from that site. It's like a regular email form!

@LastMitch
OK, But please show me how to use the code in the link (which i just sent u), here is the HTML code.

<form action="" method="post" id="contactform">
                      <ul>
              <li>
                <label for="name">First Name <span class="red">*</span></label>
                <input id="name" name="name" class="text" />
              </li><br/>
              <li>
                <label for="email">Your email <span class="red">*</span></label>
                <input id="email" name="email" class="text" />
              </li><br/>
              <li>
                <label for="message">Message <span class="red">*</span></label>
                <textarea id="message" name="msg" rows="6" cols="50"></textarea>
              </li>
              <li class="buttons">
                <input type="image" name="imageField" id="imageField" src="images/send.gif" class="send" />
                <div class="clr"></div>
              </li>
            </ul>
        </form>
This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.