I am tring to make a search script, but I have no idea how and would appreaciate if anyone could give me samples or websites.
thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Why write your own? What you're seeking is such a common piece of code, that wasting time on writing your own doesn't seem very logical. Check out Sphider, or if you're using some kind of framework, they might have some search functionality already embedded.

Enjoy.

@ChaosKnight... Agreed in the terms of not having to reinvent the wheel. But some of us just like to know how the wheel works first :)

@Vribium... Google is your friend :)

Actually I am a newbie, and I don't want to copy, I just want to learn and remake the codes, as I am designing my own CMS and that(search script) is all that is left

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@Vribium

I am tring to make a search script, but I have no idea how and would appreaciate if anyone could give me samples or websites.

You really need to google it first.

But here is a simple php search

http://php.about.com/od/phpwithmysql/ss/php_search.htm

I just want to learn and remake the codes, as I am designing my own CMS and that(search script) is all that is left

This is very simple and I try this before it's nice. This will give you a better understand how the DB works.

I don't know about the CMS part so this is just a simple search. You can take it a part and used in your CMS.

Lucky for you I just came across this a while ago. You can easily integrate this into your CMS. Its a really neat snippet to get this job done!
Click Here

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.