Okay How Does The Pros Do It!

The user fills out the entry form and becomes activated. But I don't want the Post method because the user cannot go back without getting an error... And

I don't want the GET method because it shows in the address bar...

How do I do it. Let the user become activated and browse throughout the site freely without Get Or Post...

11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by puddin

Hi puddin

You only have two methods for submitting a form, and they are get and post.

I think what you are really looking for when you say"activated" is to start a session once someone has logged in. Now you are talking about authenticating a user, perhaps with a database, and testing for a session on each Web page.

If you have some experience with PHP, you need to get more specific with your question. If you do not have experience with a dynamic language, this is going to be way over your head.

This *is* the PHP forum after all. :) Check out the official PHP docs for sessions and that will give you a bit of insight. More information is appreciated to help further.

Thanks for all your replies. Here it is have you ever seen www.mate1.com. They have a site design I want to do. You signup get in and are brought to a page that is “ Your Account

You have many link options, add your description, add your photo etc...

Now I signed in and none of my information is in the address bar, so I obviously did not get in with GET, nor does it seem did I get in with POST cause I can click on any link and click back without an error page... So I ask how this is done. Better…

I click on any link and the address bar never changes, so the pages I am clicking on are someway included with a very cool format I want to learn to do as well...

That’s what I want to learn... Ohhhh I need a good paying job so I can hire a teacher to show me, I am sure I will be familiar with what I will be told cause I have read so much....

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.