Hi
when i submit a form the session id changes in a page (and stick the same in single tab for other pages) but it is different in different tabs. how to fix that ?

thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@lilly_adam

when i submit a form the session id changes in a page (and stick the same in single tab for other pages) but it is different in different tabs. how to fix that ?

Can you post the code so we can see what you are doing and try to assisted you?

//pageone.php

<?php 
session_start();
echo session_id();
echo "<form action='pagetwo.php' method='post'>
<input type='test' name='username'/>
<input type='password' name='password'/>
<input type='submit' name='submitbtn'/>
</form>
";
?>

// pagetwo.php

<?php
session_start();
echo session_id();
?>

when i back to visit pagetwo.php or pageone.php from different tab it gives me different session id

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@lilly_adam

when i back to visit pagetwo.php or pageone.php from different tab it gives me different session id

I'm bit confused. I thought you had session_id part of a form that you submit that gave you a different session_id().

You can't echo a session_id() function like that and expect to get the same id.

Let me explain how this works:

For pageone:

You have to start your session in pageone.php and assign a value to a session variable.

session_start(); 
$_SESSION['id'] = "echoid"; 

For pagetwo:

You need to use variable defined in previous page in order to appear in the current page(pagetwo.php).

session_start(); 
echo $_SESSION['echoid']; 

I hope that make sense. I explain it very clearly.

Member Avatar for Zagga

Hi lilly_adam,

I read in a recent Daniweb post (I can't remember which one) that if your PHP configuration has session.auto_start enabled, whenever you use session_start() manually it overwrites the existing session with a new one. This feature is disabled by default but you may want to check your configuration, just in case.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.