Hi

I am trying to write/modify a script to read from a spreadsheet into mysql database using php. I did a search on google and found phpExcelReader. However i wasnt able to use that to do so.
ALso managed to find an open script to read from excel spreadsheet onto the explorer.

Can anyone able to assist me how or where i can find relevant resources to read from a spreadsheet and insert into mysql database table?

Cheers
Futhon.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

For making and reading excel files with php I have always used PHPexcel which is simple to use and effective. Enjoy.

For making and reading excel files with php I have always used PHPexcel which is simple to use and effective. Enjoy.

Hi i tried using it, but it doesnt seem to work as one of the require_once cannot be found in the reader.php.

ie:
Warning: require_once(Spreadsheet/Excel/Reader/OLERead.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\trial\Excel\reader.php on line 31

where can i get this from?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.