Hi all,

I have a very nasty issue here where SQL values are changing but I haven't been hacked because the changes are just too abnormal.

People vote for their servers and every so often the top few servers values roll back.

For example at 03:00 a server has 66 votes. Then at 04:00 it has 120, then at 05:00 i check and it has 88!

This randomly started occuring last night and no code was changed. I thought just to be same I'll overwrite my sites code with a previous backup from a week back. That hasn't helped!

I've turned on SQL logging but theres nothing logged.

What could this be!?

Contributors
Replies
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by diafol

Show your SQL. WHat is the datatype for the field? For example "tinyint" will max out and resolve to 127 (I think). However, that wouldn't see a decrement. Do you have a cron job running? Are numbers reset to zero at a particular time? If based on server time, has the server time changed (e.g. maybe timezone changed).

In your log, I assume you see votes as they came in. Are any of them negative? If you're running a form, then it could be spoofed? THis is unlikely, but without further info, it's difficult to know how the table is being changed/decremented.

Edited by diafol

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.