Hi, I have a site under construction.It is not on line yet and I don't have a domain name yet.
I test it with IIS 7 and works fine.Now I need a form to collect inmformation from visitors.The
information should be sent to me by email. I looked at various solutions on line.Usually searching
various sites I've seen that you have 3 files, one is the actual form,one is a php script and finally an html thanks page.I did all that and put the folder(named Test)containing the 3 files in the inetpub/wwwroot folder.
I launch my browser IE9,fill the form with data and nothing.It does not work.I have changed the address
on the php file with my own email address:leoninicarlo@yahoo.com.I read somewhere that this does not work with yahoo.mail or hotmail, so I tried with my ISP mail:carloleonini@alice.it.Nothing to do.Can anyone help me
before I go nuts?Thank you very much, I will appreciate your help.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for diafol

You won't be able to send email on your localhost unless you have a mail server set up. XAMPP comes with Mercury Mail. I don't know about others.

yes, you cant send without internet connection, here is an example of my site:

http://din87.com/

what diafol was saying is that you can't send mail from a local machine without the proper software installed. anyway there is little help to offer without seeing the code you have. are you testing your form from this site you linked?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.