Hello,

I am trying to access my website after having recently shifted hosting servers. When I try to access it I get the following error:

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

Here are the details of the error:

Error Code 0x8007000d
Config Error Configuration file is not well-formed XML

The error page tells me that the error is because of this line of my web.config file. Here goes:

<add key="strCon" value="data source=123.45.678.90; initial catalog=dbname;persist security info=False;user id=username; password=password; packet size=4096"/>

Now I have been playing around with this for a long time but to no avail. if the whole file will help please let me know so that I can go ahead and post that as well.

Thanks for helping me out.

Cheers

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Have you contacted the hosting support number to maje sure this will work with their datasource?

Member Avatar for siju kuriakose

Hey, did you check your
<appSettings>
<add key="strCon" value="data source=123.45.678.90; initial catalog=dbname;persist security info=False;user id=username; password=password; packet size=4096"/>
</appSettings> tag close?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.