I am interested to know how styles work in textarea. when i am posting a question on this site, I type my text in the text area and i am adding styles to it like making selected text bold and also displaying the same on the html page. how does this work? I mean how to do it? what is the logic behind it? Please explian in simple steps.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

I am interested to know how styles work in textarea. when i am posting a question on this site, I type my text in the text area and i am adding styles to it like making selected text bold and also displaying the same on the html page. how does this work? I mean how to do it? what is the logic behind it? Please explian in simple steps.

I'm not sure what you are asking? If you want to design how a TextArea then you can just used CSS/HTML to do that. But if you want type stuff on to the TextArea then you need a text editor. The text editor purpose is to type stuff and change the text color, size and font and etc.

Is Text editor part of html or a third party component becaus i dont any component such as text editor in html.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.