I'm trying to hide the excel grid on the screen view by making all borders in the worksheet white. I can't figure out how to get it working though.

My attempts so far:

$objPHPExcel->getDefaultStyle()->applyFromArray(array(
            'borders' => array(
                'allborders' => array('style' => PHPExcel_Style_Border::BORDER_THIN,
                                      'color' => array('rgb' => PHPExcel_Style_Color::COLOR_WHITE)
                                      )
            )
        ));

and

$objPHPExcel->getDefaultStyle()->applyFromArray(array(
            'borders' => array(
                'top' => array('style' => PHPExcel_Style_Border::BORDER_THIN, 
                                      ),
                'bottom' => array('style' => PHPExcel_Style_Border::BORDER_THIN, 
                                      ),
                'left' => array('style' => PHPExcel_Style_Border::BORDER_THIN, 
                                      ),
                'right' => array('style' => PHPExcel_Style_Border::BORDER_THIN, 
                                      )
            )
        ));

I can't see where I'm going wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Recommended Answers

I'm trying to hide the excel grid on the screen view by making all borders in the worksheet white.

Read this regarding about borders:

http://www.craiglotter.co.za/2010/04/14/phpexcel-how-to-place-a-border-around-a-cell-range/

Jump to Post

All 4 Replies

Thanks LastMitch. This just mentions how to apply borders to a range though. I want to apply it to every cell in the worksheet.

Member Avatar

Thanks LastMitch. This just mentions how to apply borders to a range though. I want to apply it to every cell in the worksheet.

You never mention that you want to apply borders on all worksheets. You just want to apply a sheet.

I don't think you can used the array to do that.

I think you have to create __construct function.

Read this link, it has a function that you call and apply to all sheets:

http://www.phpkode.com/source/p/phpexcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Style/Borders.php

Thanks LastMitch. I'll have a look at that.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.20 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.