how can i transper may database to other computer i use xampp and mySQL Admin please help me :(

Recommended Answers

If you're using XAMPP, its easiest to "export" all databases from phpMyAdmin, and then "import" them on your new machine.

Jump to Post

You use mysqldump program to export database into a SQL file, something like:

mysqldump -u USER -p DATABASE > FILENAME.sql

then use mysql client to import SQL file into another database:

mysql -u USER -p DATABASE < FILENAME.sql

This was taken from

Jump to Post

All 5 Replies

If you're using XAMPP, its easiest to "export" all databases from phpMyAdmin, and then "import" them on your new machine.

You use mysqldump program to export database into a SQL file, something like:

mysqldump -u USER -p DATABASE > FILENAME.sql

then use mysql client to import SQL file into another database:

mysql -u USER -p DATABASE < FILENAME.sql

This was taken from this link.

EDIT: I just noticed that you said you use Xamp. I think these two programs should be available in xamp but I am not 100% sure.

Import from mysql command line
Two ways to import datase in mysql from .sql file

• Open MySQL command line client or execute mysql.exe from command prompt present in MySQL installation path.
      Create a new database .
      mysql> Create database test
      mysql> use test
    • Then import the database into test databse by using one of this commend:-
      source test.sql
      or
      ./ test.sql
  1. Go to the location where mysql is installed or add MySQL.exe location(insth/bin) in system environment path:-
    MySQL->bin
    now execute following command:-
    mysql -u <user> -p<password> -h <hostname> <database> < /path/to/updated_script/database.sql

Export database

mysqldump -u <user> -p<password> -h database --result-file="location_to_export_database.sql"

thx guys

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.20 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.