hallo,

i have built a software, i could say a CMS. it is supposed to be used by schools. it has a very simply procedure of installing and at the end the school has its own webpage with many managment posibillities by the page coordinator.

it is a very large project using over 2500 php files.

I' ve already used creative commons licence for the content of those web pages.

It is important to mention that i give away for free the program and i do have no problem if someone changes some code as long as he follows the rules that creative commons licence refers (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/).

Do u think that i should use some kind of licence for the code; i mean it is a software isnt it? the creative commons licence is enough for the whole package (content and code)?

Member Avatar for LastMitch

Do u think that i should use some kind of licence for the code; i mean it is a software isnt it? the creative commons licence is enough for the whole package (content and code)?

I think you need to talk to someone (a professional) who works in the legal so you can get a directed answer.

It's not good to ask for advice on a educational forum for an opinion or suggestion regarding about a licences software.

There are more stuff involve.

Think of copyright/licences a song but artist, musicans, songwriter, music engineer, record companies need to get credit too.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.