hi...
i have this error in my code
Fatal error: Call to undefined method myclass::addCat() in G:\AppServ\www\society\Admin\addCat.php on line 23

this is aclass function

function addCat($t1)
  {
      mysql_query("insert into categories (Categoriesname)values ('$t1')") or die(mysql_error());}

and this aline have a error

if (isset($_POST['but1']))
{ $t1=$_POST['txt1'];
$m= new myclass();
$m->addCat($t1);
    }

I dont no where is the problem???

Contributors
Replies
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by hanan-kh
<?php
session_start();
include("myclass.class.php");?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1256" />
<title>ادارة التصنيفات</title>
</head>

<body>
<?php
if(!isset($_SESSION[username]))

{
?><script type="text/javascript">

window.location = "index.php";
     </script> 
<?php } 
if (isset($_POST['but1']))
{ $t1=$_POST['txt1'];
$m= new myclass();
$m-> addCat($t1);

}
?>

<div align="center" style="width:900px;
    height:1000px;
    background-color:#d9d9d9;
    margin-left:250px;
    margin-top:0px;
    border-radius:5px 5px 5px 5px;
    color:#114b8f;
    text-align:right;">
<div style="float:right; width:80px ; margin-right:100px;"> <?php include("cpmenu.php");?> </div>
<div style="float:left; margin-top:20px; margin-left:20px;">
<form action="addCat.php" method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data" name="form">
<fieldset style=" border-color:#06F; width:630px;"><legend>إضافة تصنيف جديد</legend>
<input name="but1" type="submit" value="اضافة" />
<input name="txt1" type="text" size="30" style="text-align:right;" /><label>اسم التصنيف</label>

</fieldset>
</form>

</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

thats add Categories code and its error file

<?php
class myclass{

function __construct(){
    $conn=mysql_connect("localhost","root","1");
    mysql_select_db("society",$conn);

}

function validlogin($t1,$t2)
{ mysql_query("set names 'cp1256';");
$res = mysql_query("select * from admin where username = '$t1' and pass = '$t2'");
  $count = mysql_num_rows($res);

if($count== 0)
  return false;
  else
  return true;
}
function addCat($t1)
  {
      mysql_query("insert into categories (Categoriesname)values ('$t1')") or die(mysql_error());
      }
?>

include("myclass.class.php");

check if the name of the file myclass.class.php is correct and if both files are in the same folder.

also you are missing } at the end of the myclass.class.php file

Edited by dorco

I think I finally found it.

you are submitting the data called addCat.php that is not been even used in addCat.php because in addCat.php, it is just only a list of codes of functions. so the data that has passed from your previous is not used.

because the $m->addCat($t1); is located at the head tag of your previous page.

I think you want this way

1.)remove your if(isset($_POST['but1'])) block because you havent yet used to pass data from a form of the said page you want to add a category. paste before the myClass()

or

2.)edit the action attribute of form tag to action="<?php htmlspecialchars($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']);?>" then at next line after head tag is to include addCat.php by using either include() or require()

Edited by masterjiraya

I've tried everything you asked me, but unfortunately still the problem exists
I was very tired and I'm trying to solve it for more than two days ..

just a repost...

I think I finally found it.

you are submitting the data called addCat.php that is not been even used in addCat.php because in addCat.php, it is just only a list of codes of functions. so the data that has passed from your previous is not used.

because the $m->addCat($t1); is located at the head tag of your previous page.

I think you want this way

1.)remove your if(isset($_POST['but1'])) block because you havent yet used to pass data from a form of the said page you want to add a category. paste before the myClass()

or

2.)edit the action attribute of form tag to action="<?php htmlspecialchars($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']);?>" then at next line after head tag is to include addCat.php by using either include() or require()

Thank you have tried the first option and succeeded not know what to say I am very happy and I thank you again

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.