hi...
i have this error in my code
Fatal error: Call to undefined method myclass::addCat() in G:\AppServ\www\society\Admin\addCat.php on line 23

this is aclass function

function addCat($t1)
  {
      mysql_query("insert into categories (Categoriesname)values ('$t1')") or die(mysql_error());}

and this aline have a error

if (isset($_POST['but1']))
{ $t1=$_POST['txt1'];
$m= new myclass();
$m->addCat($t1);
    }

I dont no where is the problem???

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

lack of details. post the whole code with error file

<?php
session_start();
include("myclass.class.php");?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1256" />
<title>ادارة التصنيفات</title>
</head>

<body>
<?php
if(!isset($_SESSION[username]))

{
?><script type="text/javascript">

window.location = "index.php";
     </script> 
<?php } 
if (isset($_POST['but1']))
{ $t1=$_POST['txt1'];
$m= new myclass();
$m-> addCat($t1);

}
?>

<div align="center" style="width:900px;
    height:1000px;
    background-color:#d9d9d9;
    margin-left:250px;
    margin-top:0px;
    border-radius:5px 5px 5px 5px;
    color:#114b8f;
    text-align:right;">
<div style="float:right; width:80px ; margin-right:100px;"> <?php include("cpmenu.php");?> </div>
<div style="float:left; margin-top:20px; margin-left:20px;">
<form action="addCat.php" method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data" name="form">
<fieldset style=" border-color:#06F; width:630px;"><legend>إضافة تصنيف جديد</legend>
<input name="but1" type="submit" value="اضافة" />
<input name="txt1" type="text" size="30" style="text-align:right;" /><label>اسم التصنيف</label>

</fieldset>
</form>

</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

thats add Categories code and its error file

<?php
class myclass{

function __construct(){
    $conn=mysql_connect("localhost","root","1");
    mysql_select_db("society",$conn);

}

function validlogin($t1,$t2)
{ mysql_query("set names 'cp1256';");
$res = mysql_query("select * from admin where username = '$t1' and pass = '$t2'");
  $count = mysql_num_rows($res);

if($count== 0)
  return false;
  else
  return true;
}
function addCat($t1)
  {
      mysql_query("insert into categories (Categoriesname)values ('$t1')") or die(mysql_error());
      }
?>

include("myclass.class.php");

check if the name of the file myclass.class.php is correct and if both files are in the same folder.

also you are missing } at the end of the myclass.class.php file

can you enclose $m-> addCat($t1); to print_r($m-> addCat($t1)); check if it really has a value?

I think I finally found it.

you are submitting the data called addCat.php that is not been even used in addCat.php because in addCat.php, it is just only a list of codes of functions. so the data that has passed from your previous is not used.

because the $m->addCat($t1); is located at the head tag of your previous page.

I think you want this way

1.)remove your if(isset($_POST['but1'])) block because you havent yet used to pass data from a form of the said page you want to add a category. paste before the myClass()

or

2.)edit the action attribute of form tag to action="<?php htmlspecialchars($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']);?>" then at next line after head tag is to include addCat.php by using either include() or require()

I've tried everything you asked me, but unfortunately still the problem exists
I was very tired and I'm trying to solve it for more than two days ..

edit your form tag action. it worked on me

just a repost...

I think I finally found it.

you are submitting the data called addCat.php that is not been even used in addCat.php because in addCat.php, it is just only a list of codes of functions. so the data that has passed from your previous is not used.

because the $m->addCat($t1); is located at the head tag of your previous page.

I think you want this way

1.)remove your if(isset($_POST['but1'])) block because you havent yet used to pass data from a form of the said page you want to add a category. paste before the myClass()

or

2.)edit the action attribute of form tag to action="<?php htmlspecialchars($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']);?>" then at next line after head tag is to include addCat.php by using either include() or require()

Thank you have tried the first option and succeeded not know what to say I am very happy and I thank you again

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.