Hi
just start learning rails i found some difficulties to start the server under linux mint
please find the errors i get

/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/railties-3.2.13/lib/rails/script_rails_loader.rb:11: warning: Insecure world writable dir /sbin in PATH, mode 040777
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.3.5/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:216: warning: Insecure world writable dir /sbin in PATH, mode 040777
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/execjs-1.4.0/lib/execjs/runtimes.rb:51:in `autodetect': Could not find a JavaScript runtime. See https://github.com/sstephenson/execjs for a list of available runtimes. (ExecJS::RuntimeUnavailable)
    from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/execjs-1.4.0/lib/execjs.rb:5
    from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/coffee-script-2.2.0/lib/coffee_script.rb:1:in `require'
    from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/coffee-script-2.2.0/lib/coffee_script.rb:1
    from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/coffee-script-2.2.0/lib/coffee-script.rb:1:in `require'
    from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/coffee-script-2.2.0/lib/coffee-script.rb:1
    from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/coffee-rails-3.2.2/lib/coffee-rails.rb:1:in `require'
    from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/coffee-rails-3.2.2/lib/coffee-rails.rb:1
    from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.3.5/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:72:in `require'
    from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.3.5/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:72:in `require'
    from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.3.5/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:70:in `each'
    from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.3.5/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:70:in `require'
    from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.3.5/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:59:in `each'
    from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.3.5/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:59:in `require'
    from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.3.5/lib/bundler.rb:132:in `require'
    from /home/ahmed/pod/config/application.rb:7
    from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/railties-3.2.13/lib/rails/commands.rb:53:in `require'
    from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/railties-3.2.13/lib/rails/commands.rb:53
    from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/railties-3.2.13/lib/rails/commands.rb:50:in `tap'
    from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/railties-3.2.13/lib/rails/commands.rb:50
    from script/rails:6:in `require'
    from script/rails:6

any help please

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

`autodetect': Could not find a JavaScript runtime. See https://github.com/sstephenson/execjs for a list of available runtimes. (ExecJS::RuntimeUnavailable)

Do you have one of the runtimes listed at the URL installed? If not, that's your problem. You need to install one of them.

If you do have one of them installed, it might not be in your $PATH. Change your $PATH or create a symlink in one of the directories that is in your $PATH, so execjs can find it.

I have same problems for ruby. now i waiting a good answer for this problems.

If you want a better answer, you should point out what's wrong with the existing answer, so that I (or people in general) know what to improve on.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.