Hello all, here's my issue, I've created a wonderful app from scratch which is basically a form that passes all of its info via PHP into beautiful html which then goes nicely in a easy to read email.

The problem is that I don't have a clear concept on how to save the data of an incomplete submission, for example, if the user is in a coffe shop while keying in their information but then they realize that they have to leave.

What I would like to do is create a "Save" button that will save all of the data that they have typed so far so that they can come back at later, complete then submit.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated, thank you for your time.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I would see if each field has content and if they do I would store it as a variable and call on that variable within a standard MySQLi UPDATE query.

Probably not the best method but it would work and it's dead simple?

I have of course just assumed that you're using PHP and MySQLi, there wasn't any information provided.

Member Avatar for Zagga

I agree with mmcdonald, a database is probably the easiest way to save data. You can also save data to a text file but this is usually a little bit harder to retrieve. Text files would usually NOT be suitable if you are saving personal (or a lot of) information though. Databases were designed for this purpose.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.