Hello everyone,

I am working on a website and I decided to create my own testing server as I currently have my Windows machine hosting apache for this.

I have now set up a seperate machine running Linux and on the face of it everything should be working fine. I have (As far as I know) set up everything as it should be and my server is returning phpinfo() on a test page completely fine. The problem comes when I attempt to view my actual website on this server as all I get is a blank white page. This is strange and I cannot see it being my website code as I am running the web page successfully on my Windows testing server. (I even tried commenting out any php code and still nothing)

I am out of ideas as to what the problem is and would like any suggestions as to what I may have missed. I have checked my syslog which is currently where php is outputting any errors to and there is nothing?

Thanks.

EDIT:: This is definitely a server based problem as I have just uploaded my website to my production server and everything is working fine.

Edited by Webbsta: Update

Contributors
Replies
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Webbsta

First try to turn error_reporting to E_ALL and display_errors to on in the php.ini. Your script probably has some errors but the errors aren't displayed (just my guess).

Votes + Comments
this is what i wanted to sugges also! :)

The problem wasn't a scripting error but a problem with directory permissions on my testing server (The directory was not readable), however your suggestion of setting all errors on helped tremendously. Thanks.

Edited by Webbsta

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.