Hi i have this query that search data between two date range

select RA, Name, Model, Plate, Service, Grand_total, Payment_type from advance WHERE SDate BETWEEN '" . $from . "' AND '" . $to . "' ORDER BY Payment_type

which is working great but i need to alter it so that it will also search for specific time range between that date range but seems not working properly

"select RA, Name, Model, Plate, Service, Grand_total, Payment_type from advance WHERE SDate BETWEEN '" . $from . "' AND '" . $to . "' AND Time BETWEEN '" . $fromtime . "' AND '" . $totime . "' ORDER BY Payment_type

my table structure for SDate is date and for Time is time

what am i doing wrong..?

Edited by ehpratah: typo

Contributors
Replies
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by ehpratah

It's a logic error.

You are searching between two times for all days in the range. You want to search from a specific date and time up to another date and time.

hi thats what i keep on telling to my superior that its not possible to search between two date range with two diff time range. but he told me to find a way to make it happen such a pain...:((

So, here's another approach... use a select statement to select records from another select statement..For example..

select * from (select * from table1 where sDate BETWEEN 'mm-dd-yyyy' AND 'mm-dd-yyyy') where sTime BETWEEN 'hh.mm.ss' AND 'hh.mm.ss'

So this is just an example, but it should give you an idea on how to approach this.

It IS possible.

Are you searching from the first date and time to the second date and time?

You can convert both columns into one, or change the where.

CONCAT(`datefield`, ' ', `timefield`) AS `datetime`

Edited by pritaeas

hi guys so theres still hope for me.. i'll try what you both suggested and find a way to make it work.i'll be intouch if i have another question on this matter. until then thanks to both of you

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.