Hi guys, I am looking to get a script that has all the variations of the name Admin/Administrator so customers/more advanced users cannot use those types of names. I am either looking to know if a mysql insert into code or a jquery/js code would be the best to use. I do not want any form of the word used.

How would you approach this?
What are your thoughts on this?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You can do this with JavaScript or jQuery to check it client-side, but most importantly, you should also check server-side once the form is submitted because a user can bypass the JS/jQuery validation by disabling JS in their browser.

You can see an example of something that is related to what you are looking to do: http://jsfiddle.net/FVH5r/

Hello,

My registration script already tests for same username, I am hoping to find something that someone already has made that I can insert that has all the admin variations in it. I know it doesnt doesn't really matter, as to what username they have but there is a blog that I created and dont dint want to have the users confused.

HAHA.

I know there is a huge list of variations of the name Admin/Administrator.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.