Greetings,

I am looking for suggestions and feedback about needed bandwidth from a Web hosting company (thinking of VPS or Dedicated) for my websites.

Earlier I had asked about how to insert thumbnail (live) images, if possible, of other websites so that users can see a preview (live) of the company/products that I will be promoting on my sites. I got some great responses (Thanks! :)

I am considering a different idea. My websites will have text about each company in addition to links (next to each company) that when clicked on open up a new, much smaller size live window of the actual website.

If many, many users are on my sites all at once and are clicking on these JavaScript enabled links (at the same time) to get a quick side view of the live website for the companies I am promoting, will that slow down the processing time for my viewers, and if so, how much bandwidth (good range) from VPS or Dedicated Web hosting services would be a good choice?

I posted this message under both Web Development (Web Design, HTML, and CSS) and under (JAVASCRIPT, DHTML, and AJAX) as I was not sure where to post it.

Thanks. :)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

The only way to get an answer for this question is to do some tests for yourself, or perhao an automated tester to colelct a few thousand results. In each test record exactly how much bandwidth is used, then multiple that by expected traffic and voila.

FYI this is a breach of the forum rules:

I posted this message under both Web Development (Web Design, HTML, and CSS) and under (JAVASCRIPT, DHTML, and AJAX) as I was not sure where to post it.

Thanks for responding and providing some tips and suggestions. I appreciate it. :)

I apologize for the error in posting twice (I am a newbie).

AK777

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.