Hello Everybody,

I have a problem with including a .php file into a javascript code. This is a calendar, and I want the calendar to use my database data. So here is my code of the javascript:

<script type='text/javascript'>

$(document).ready(function() {
        var date = new Date();
        var d = date.getDate();
        var m = date.getMonth();
        var y = date.getFullYear();

header: {
                left: 'prev,next today',
                center: 'title',
                right: 'month,agendaWeek,agendaDay'
            editable: true,
            events: "http://.../events.php",

As you can see, there is the "events: link" part, where I include my events.php file what shows this if I open:

[{"id":"7","title":"Naspolya utca","start":"2013-10-05T08:30","end":"2013-10-05T08:30","allDay":false}]

So far so good, if I paste this content instead of the http://.../events.php this will work. But with the link I include there, it doesn't. So I think I am doing something wrong with including the link there or sth like that...

I would be really happy if you could help me.

If something is confusing about my explanation, please ask it.

Thanks, Tibor

Edited by deceptikon: Moved to Javascript. Please post in the correct forum next time.

4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by ryantroop

This is a calendar, and I want the calendar to use my database data.

Where did you get this code?

Is this datepicker? or something other calendar code?

This script is called fullcalendar. This is free jquery script I think.

just because you output JSON from your PHP code it does not mean the variable will automagically evaluate to JSON Object notation. It is, as far as I know, still just a string. It needs to be parsed or evaled.

You can, before loading, run an AJAX script and eval or JSON.parse() into a variable the array of objects you are expecting, then let events: yourvar, ....

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.