Dear Sirs,

I would like to ask you, if you know any solution, for querying a servers mysql database without phpmyadmin rights, for example, querying it from the website itself with a server side solution.

To be a bit more specific, here is what I would like to query on my website with some PHP script.

b1f16ae351bf5ba92c417f0008b79410

Thanks in advance,

Tibor

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for diafol

phpmyadmin is just a (in)convenient GUI to the underlying database(s). So the 'permissions' are held in the actual mysql files not in phpmyadmin. You need rights (a user with permissions) to access the db or it could be disasterous. So I don't really follow how you think you could access the DB without connection details (host/user/pw etc). Perhaps I'm missing something.
You can run sql queries in php to create users without using phpmyadmin, but you'd need an admin-type user connection to do that in the first place.

Thanks for the answer, this is what I wanted to avoid, but if this is the only solution, I have to follow it .. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.