Hello,

I am trying to upload picture in php and then appears this message file permission problem:

File upload failed - please check your permissions for 'E:/xampp/xampp/htdocs/images/uploads/'.

Then, I try to set the file permission by uncheck the Read only button through file - properties - GUI interface. Yet after I apply it the file permission start the bouches back by checking the Read only combo box again. I wonder why?

I am using Win 7 by the way.

Edited by davy_yg

Contributors
Replies
Views
3 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by elibyy

Did you try altering the permissions under Properties > Security?

You can also try using CHMOD by opening the terminal through the XAMPP control panel

I believe if you open a Shell through the XAMPPP Control Panel you can use linux commands. My XAMPP isn't working for some reason right now so I can't check.

The problem is I'm using win 7 & if I alter the version of XAMPP or change it to WAMPP then the programs start to error.

This is funny, I am stuck on file permission. My computer and the web server is running under Win 7 and Win server.

I am using XAMPP 1.5.3a if I switch it to another XAMPP version the program start to turn to error.

What might cause the file permission error? and how to fix it?

try running the following command on the cmd.exe window
icacls E:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\images\uploads\ /grant administrator:(F) /t
(repalce administrator with the user that runs XAMPP: usually SYSTEM).

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.