In which real situations have you seen C++ usage for web applications wth PHP?
I've looked throught the forum, I've asked uncle Google and I know that:
- PHP extensions can be written in C/C++
- there is a great amount of C/C++ libraries you can use in PHP projects
- C/C++ has a great efficiency (if you use if well)
- you can process a great amount of data with C/C++, write crawlers
- there is even FastCGI, Wt, CppCMS, etc...
But what's more? Maybe some specific server-side tasks? Can you list them?
I'm used to write in PHP but at University I have a long C++ course. Learning only for passing would be a shame.
I'll be grateful for help.