Hi,
Am developing my website using codeigniter and got stuck when i tried to make the backend. Am using CMS backend that comes with its own folder with everything (.htaccess, its own MVC etc) so I put all my frontend folders into one folder called frontend withinn the application folder but now I cannt view my frontend pages. I get this: The configuration file does not exist. Please help me.
My directory looks like so (find attached) 4911abe55ce2afe6671916fe55769c0b

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi!

Check the documentation:

In particular:

Note: Each of your applications will need its own index.php file which calls the desired application. The index.php file can be named anything you want.

So, in the main index.php file change the application path, i.e. change this:

$application_folder = 'application';

To:

$application_folder = 'application/frontend';

For the admin application create a directory, let's say backend, put a copy of the index.php file there and make it point to the admin app, so:

$application_folder = 'application/admin';

To complete the operation put a copy of the .htaccess file inside the backend directory and change it to use this directory as base of the rewrites:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|images|robots\.txt)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /backend/index.php/$1 [L]

Now, when you want to access the admin panel go to http://localhost/backend/ and everything should work fine.

Thankz for sharing...
Could you please tell me how to remove the index.php from url for both the front_end and admin using htaccess?

Member Avatar for diafol

Start you're own thread as this is a different question.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.