This may seem pretty basic, but a classmate of mine is learning Javascript and they keep asking me the same thing: Can I change the two buttons on Alert and Confirm methods so that they don't say "cancel" and "okay"? I guess the same would go with Prompt. Is there a way? I keep telling him no and I checked other sources but I want to be sure. Thank you in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

nope.. you are correct.

Instead you would have to go with something like jQuery UI Dialog, or just build a custom modal popup and handle the button clicks via code.

nope.. you are correct.

Instead you would have to go with something like jQuery UI Dialog, or just build a custom modal popup and handle the button clicks via code.

Thanks! I looked into it and it looks really nice!

You can emulate them using the showModalDialog('customPrompt.htm',"", "") on browsers that support it, but than you'll have to write them (code them, style them, script them) yourself completely.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.