i get this error Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file in C:\xampp\htdocs\1\register.php on line 80

this is my code

<html>
<body style="background-color:#00B5FC">
<?php

$connection = mysql_connect("localhost", "root", "drndic899") or die("couldn't connect to the server");
mysql_select_db ("login", $connection) or die ("couldn't connect to the database");

error_reporting(0);

if ($_POST['register']){
    if ($_POST[`username`] && $_POST['password']) {
        $username = mysql_real_string($_POST['username']);
        $password = mysql_real_escape_string( $_POST['password']);
        $name = '';
        if  ($_POST['name']){
            $name = mysql_real_escape_string(strip_tags($_POST['name']));
        $check = mysql_fetch_array(mysql_query("SELECT * FROM 'users' WHERE 'username'='$username'"));
        if ($check != '0') {
            die("That Username already exists! Try <i>$username" . rand(1, 50) . " </i> instead! <a href='register.php'>&larr; Back</a>'");
        }
        if (!ctype_alnum($username)){
            die("sry Mr.x or Miss.x but you are not permited to use symbols in your username or password <a href='register.php'>larr; Back</a>");
        }
        if (strlen($username) <32) {
            die("Username is to long plz press (CTRL+Alt+F4) or press the back button if that dosent work dont press it again <a href='register.php'>larr; Back</a>");
        }
        $salt = rand() . rand() . rand() . rand();
        mysql_query("INSERT INTO `users` (`username`, `passord` , `name` , `salt` ) VALUES ('$username', '$password' , '$name' , '$salt' )");
        setcookie("c_users",($username), time () +24 * 60 * 60, "/");
        setcookie("c_salt",($salt), time () +24 * 60 * 60, "/");
        die("You just successfully created your OWN account on MC-Dacoow and are now logged in<a href='register.php'>&larr; Back </a>'");
    }

}

echo "

<body style ='font-family: Verdana , sans-serif;'>
        <div style='width: 80%; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #e3e3e3; background-color: #F5800C; color: #000; text-align:center; width:110em; margin: 0 auto;'>
            <h3>Register</h3>
            <br />
            <form action ='' method='post'>
                <table style='text-align:center; margin: 0 auto;'>
                    <tr>
                        <td>
                            <b>Username:</b>
                        </td>
                        <td>
                            <input type='text' name='username' style=padding: 4px;'/>
                        </td>
                    </tr>
                    <tr>
                        <td>
                            <b>Name:</b>
                        </td>
                        <td>
                            <input type='text' name='name' style=padding: 4px;'/>
                        </td>
                    </tr>
                    <tr>
                        <td>
                            <b>Password:</b>
                        </td>
                        <td>
                            <input type='password' name='password' style=padding: 4px;'/>
                        </td>
                    </tr>
                    <tr>
                        <td>
                        <input type='submit' name='Register' value='Register' />
                        </td>
                    </tr>
                </table>
            </form>
        </div>
    </body>
<p style='text-align:center; margin: 0 auto; color:white; font-size: 2em; '>Made By HDminecraftnerd</p> " 
?>
</body>

80: </html>

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

change this

<p style='text-align:center; margin: 0 auto; color:white; font-size: 2em; '>Made By HDminecraftnerd</p> "

?>

to this

<p style='text-align:center; margin: 0 auto; color:white; font-size: 2em; '>Made By HDminecraftnerd</p> ";

?>

Please allow me express my concern about your codes. I just need to know the reasons why use echo for the html tags.

You can close the pHP here

href='register.php'>&larr; Back </a>'");
}
}
?>

and remove the

echo "

go down to the page right on the codes that I corrected, change it to this

<p style='text-align:center; margin: 0 auto; color:white; font-size: 2em; '>Made By HDminecraftnerd</p> 

By doing so, you will have a clean PHP/ html separation, while allowing the server to parse the PHP codes and letting the browser does its job on the html part of the document.

Member Avatar for diafol

Few things:

Line 77 place a ';' at the end of the line
Line 11 use single quotes not backticks for the username
Line 14 - you need a closing brace '}' after this

There may be other errors too.

A good IDE should help you.

line 31:

die("You just successfully created your OWN account on MC-Dacoow and are now logged in<a href='register.php'>&larr; Back </a>'");

remove last '

die("You just successfully created your OWN account on MC-Dacoow and are now logged in<a href='register.php'>&larr; Back </a>");

Lines 49, 57, 65

style=padding: 4px;'

must be

style='padding: 4px;'

Hi

I think you have missed one closing brace in line 80

<?php } ?>
Member Avatar for diafol

@haris

This looks very bad. Test your code and markup at regular intervals - don't write a behemoth and then find hundreds of mistakes.

What program are you using to write your code?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.