I'm in the process of creating the following; when a class anchor is clicked, it triggers an ID that is scaled which was hidden before the anchor was clicked with a little bounce before it rests into place, I hope that made sense ? Here is what I have so far;

$(document).ready(function() {
    .click('.reachme a')
}

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Must I nest another function within, if I want the anchor that is within a class to make an ID visible by scaling ?

You could use a jQuery UI effect to handle the scale in and bounce effects:

$('.reachme a').on('click', function(e) {
    e.preventDefault();
    var idElem = $('#myId');
    idElem.effect('scale');
    idElem.effect('bounce','fast');
  }
}):

My class is correct, my id is correct, I have jQuery 1.11.0 installed it's not working. Should my ID be hidden {display:hidden} ?

First, since you didn't mention that you ahve jQuery itself installed, make sure you do. Include it before including jQuery UI.

Could you provide jsFiddle of what you have so far? Please include an HTML, CSS and JavaScript code you have that is relevant to the problem.

EDIT: I was incorrect in suggesting the Scale Effect. I should've said the Size effect.

Here's a working example:

http://jsfiddle.net/HJ43U/

The effect is perfect ! Why isn't it working !

</header>
<section class="body"><!--jQuery Gallery-->
</section>
<section id="reachme"></section>
<footer></footer>

section.body {background-color:black;height:900px;margin:0 50px 0 50px;z-index:6000;}

footer {position:relative;background-color:blue;height:300px;margin:0;z-index:2;}

I've givin the class anchor that will trigger the event. Within the function I've placed the ID that should be presented, that is always hidden until the event calls the ID.

When I click the event anchor, nothing happens ?

$('.reachme a').on('click', function(e) {
    e.preventDefault();
    var idElem = $('#reachme');
    idElem.effect('scale');
    idElem.effect('bounce','fast');
    }
    }):

Purkinje are you around, I'd like if I could ask you for some help regarding jQueryUI ?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.